Unlike any other weekend this weekend i decide to go for a movie. A movie about a boy parzan lost in this civilized world. I went to watch Parzania. It happened with me for the first time. Throughout the movie i was shivering there were no tears but i know....i was crying. I loved a line which i could relate to the most. "God gives us only that much troubles that he knows we can handle it". Neways it was not this that affected me. I remember that fateful day in December when ayodhya happened. Half day was declared at our school. There was no bus ready to go to my place i was in my 4th standard running from here to there. Not knowing what to do. Then a gentleman arrived and told me that "Beta don't cry i will drop you". I don't remember his face but i know he mean good. I came home papa was about to leave for school to get me. For almost a month there was curfew in bhopal. I could see worry in mama's eyes. We used to sleep with rods under our pillow. We had water filled in containers in case of fire. All the channels featured riots people killing on the name of religion. I saw a somewhat familiar neighbourhood on television i was my friends Ayesha's place. Everything was burned to ground i remember the camera went to her room and I saw her half burned doll with which we used to play. Luckily the family has escaped before this incident. After a week in the evening papa took me to the roof of our house. I could see Bhopal burning. Fumes coming out from every direction no matter where u face. I could imagine people crying. My mom could not sleep at night neither could papa. I can remember the military marching down the roads of our colony. After a while serenity was resumed. 4 years after this same thing happened not in Bhopal but in Ahmadabad. This was what the movie was about. While writing this i could feel the chills down my spine. "an eye for an eye can leave the entire world blind".
Mockery
We call ourselves civilized :
So ruthless killing of innocence is this civilized
Raping 6-7 years old of there childhood is this civilized
Dividing people on name of GOD is this civilized
Hats off to our corrupt politicians after all this they still have the guts to call us civilized.
I guess the old roman empire was more civilized than us atlest they were not a bunch of hypocrites to say that we are civilized.
so next time when u think about calling us as a civilized society think again
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment