Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sound of silence

You all know me well. I am not a stranger to you. You known me for ages now but then this is the first time we are meeting in person. The first time you acknowledge me was when you got your first F. You were naive back then. It might sound trivial, insignificant now, but then it was a sin that you thought you committed. You wanted to run away from home and hide your sinful face. It pained bad real bad. All of your friends passed remarks behind your back. You could hear their whispers. They said you were dumb, and you had no brain. At nights I hear you screaming you could not sleep. You used to stuff your face in pillow and scream “Why, why me” over and over again till dusk. But then I took care of you then, don’t you remember I visited you ever night when no one was around. No one understood you back then but me. Our relationship never lasted long you soon found new things to do and forgot all about me up till your first break up.
It was not love at first sight you are not so foolish. You met him in your French class and it was a fairy tale love story. You though that life was there in every moment you were with him. He would sing love songs for you and you would just stare at him. You were truly, madly, deeply in love with him. But then all good things have to come to an end.
Freud once said “Every human being has suicidal instincts”. And it was this instinct that I helped you fight back.
Then you grew old mature and every now and then we shared a drink of Jim bean. You used to like me but then you got bored of me. You tried to keep yourself busy to forget me, you though I haunted you, your dreams but in reality I was just as lonely as you were in desperate need of a friend an accomplice.
I know you cannot understand me now… you are too busy getting married having kids. But let me assure you one day when it all gets over, I will be there to carry you to you bed sing you lullaby’s at night. I promise I will return.
I am a part of you in am the sweet sound of silence…..

No comments: