Wednesday, December 27, 2006
The good old days
Almost all of us have used this phrase once or the other. When we are in our teens the good old days are referred to the infant days when our parents did every thing for us from feeding till bathing. Then when we entered our college the then the definition of good old days are the school days when we had no worries or assignments or campus selection etc. When we started out professional life then the good old days are the college days (I hope u remember the cult song "purani jeans") when we had so many friends and so much enjoyment. I guess by the time we get married the good old days will point to our bachelor life when we had no responsibility. Similarly when we have kids we will miss the first 2 – 3 years of marriage. Hence the definition of good old days keeps on changing from era to era. Currently for me the good old days points to my college life. Every thing was so pure and simple. Now I miss that purity and simplicity of life. Nothing around me is the way it looks to be. We all have worn a mask to hide our original shine. And in this process of pretending we forget as to what is real and what is fake and we keep on believing that this mask is the real me. We go to effervescent parties and put up a smile just to please every one we compliment the boss as to how handsome he looks where as we all know that he looks like a drunkard. Every day ever moment of life we pretend so that people around you will accept you. I miss those college days where we used to point out and correct each others mistakes now we just laugh and move on we didn’t had to pretend. MY biggest fear is that is this process of pretending I will lose my self. May be after a year or so I will become some one who is complete stranger to me. I hope I realize this before its too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment