When I was born you tried to kill me
While I was growing up
I always knew I was your favorite
You always kept me close to you
When my brothers went to play in the field
I so wanted to go to school and study
Instead you taught me how to cook
J Happy women’s day
When I turned twelve
You started preparing for my wedding
Then one day when I was returning home
It was late as I remember
I saw some of my brothers friends
They followed me for a while
I was scared I asked you for help
But you didn’t reply
I ran as fast as I could
But I was not a match for there strength
J Happy women’s day
You cursed me and told me to die
I wanted to go out and work
Instead you got me married
When I didn’t got you enough dowry
You tried to burn me alive
J Happy women’s day
When I was pregnant I remember
You wanted to have a boy
However I wanted to have a girl
I also remember you beating me
When I gave birth to a beautiful girl
You tried to kill her when she was born
J Happy women’s day
Let’s stop being hypocrite
Accept it and stop wishing us
Every year on 8th of march
Where as it is you who always try to kill us
I hope now you will think twice
Before saying
"happy women’s day"
2 comments:
Is it fair
when a young widow was burnt
with her dead husband
is it fair
when s teenager was tied to a pole
burnt alive since people thought she was a witch
is it fair
when a mother poisons her own child
just because she is a girl
is it fair
when we claim of calling ourselves civilized society
still rape cases in india are mosterously high
is it fair
to burn a new bride
just because she didnt got enough money to fill your mouths
Its not fair
yet is done
more than a death
Traversing the cycle of past
accepting the beliefs as they are
ignorance here was naver a bliss
but a bain
for those lil girls to be killed
at hands of insane
You know what, its sickening
it really is,
but even if scream
cry
or die
This goes on
They always perish the weak,
but dnt be weak then
A girl is a gift of God to this world
A girl is to be respected and revered
Never to associate a negative feeling
close or distant whatsoever
But the truth is as hard
its not fair yet its done
more then black, more than death.
Post a Comment